Saturday, November 23, 2013

Good Entree - Millbrook Winery

http://www.millbrookwinery.com.au/main.htmlMillbrook WineryOld Chestnut LanePO Box 48Jarrahdale Western Australia 6124

SS wanted to go this winery for the longest time, but we never got around to go there because they are not open for dinner but only lunch. Also it's far away from where we live.

Finally after 1.5 years of talking about it, we finally agree on a date to head there. We made a reservation and went on a Sunday afternoon. We arrived at the winery, the restaurant is located upstairs. As downstairs of the winery is for wine tasting and there are seats outside of the wine tasting room for guest to enjoy the view and also the wine that you can purchase by glass, they also have cheese and biscuits on the menu. 

We went upstairs and look at the restaurant, it have wooden floors and look basic. It was a coolish day, there was a wedding outside. We were seated at the conner of the restaurant.

We picked the entree, which is Pickled potato, octopus, rosa's chorizo, smoked paprika $22, it was the best chorizo that I've tasted. I have a love for chorizo and octopus. So that was the right combination that hit the spot.




We ordered the famous main which is the Viognier braised Baldivis rabbit risotto, panchetta, pecorino, truffle oil $38. I reckon, this dish is on a pricy side. SS ordered it and it tasted good even though I am not a big fan of rabbit. It tasted good even for me who isn't a big rabbit fan.


I ordred the Warm salad of carrot, confit chicken wings & poached Manijmup marron $38. I've always like the marron. 

SS and I both have sweet tooth! We both ordered an desert each. I've ordered Apple sauce, doughnuts, candied walnuts, dulce de leche ice cream. I like the doughnuts, it tasted good and doesn't have the oily taste to it $16

SS ordered the Steamed Cambray Farmhouse Gold brioche bun, local honeycomb, preserved fruit $16. It's a very interesting desert. I wouldn't rate this very good but just average doesn't hit the spot at all. 





Millbrook Winery on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Whether you are a local with nothing in your diary this weekend, maybe you have visitors and don’t know what to do with them, or you are a traveller from interstate or overseas - join me as I show you what’s on, what to avoid, and some relatively inexpensive things to do and see in and around Sydney.For more info visit: disabled

    ReplyDelete